Ferrellgas understands that the security of your business and/or personal information is important to you. Whenever you submit business and/or personal identifiable information through our site, you will be doing so through our secure server. Although it is necessary for us to collect certain information, we respect and protect your right to privacy. The following policy is designed to answer any questions and concerns you may have regarding your privacy and the security of your information. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at 816-792-1600 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect and how?
- Contact us inquiries: Individuals interested in contacting Ferrellgas for more information may provide business and/or personal information when using the Contact Us form on our Web site. Any information provided will not be shared or disseminated expect as noted below.
- Job Applications: Individuals interested in employment at Ferrellgas may be asked to provide personal information in the Careers section of our Web site. Any information provided will not be shared or disseminated except as noted below, however, your e-mail address and/or telephone number may be used by Ferrellgas Employees to contact you concerning your application.
- Cookies: Cookies are bits of electronic information placed over the Internet onto your computer. A cookie assigns a unique tracking number to each computer accessing our site, which enables us to recognize and keep track of each user, so we can tailor information for you. However, we will not store personal information about you or your finances using cookies. Cookies are standard on the Internet and utilized by most Web sites whether you are aware of it or not. However, if you wish, most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed.
- Data collection and reporting service: At this time, we do not utilize or transmit any of your information to data collection or reporting services.
- Server logs: In an effort to make our site as effective as possible, the computers that operate the site may collect certain information each time you visit the site and store these statistics in server logs. These statistics do not identify the specific user, but will give us information regarding the type of user who is accessing the site and certain browsing activities of that user. Information collected in this way includes the IP address of the user accessing our site (i.e. the unique ID number of the user's computer), the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (system software) used to access our site, the Web site the user last visited before linking to our site, how long the user accessed our site in any given session, and the date and time of access. We may make extensive use of these non-personally identifiable aggregated data in order to understand how our site is being used and will share them with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to develop, promote, and expand our business.
- Children's privacy and parental controls: Our site is designed for business purposes only. We do not accept inquiries or job applications from persons under 18 years of age.
With whom do we share your information?
- Service providers: Ferrellgas may use various outside agencies (third party service providers) to make our Web site operate as smoothly as possible. For example, we may use third parties to host our Web site and operate various features made available on our Web site. Some of these third parties may need access to your information in order to make the services provided through our Web site work. Information only will be disclosed to these service providers on a need-to-know basis, and they only will be permitted to use such information for the purpose of providing the particular services provided by such entities in connection with our Web site.
- Job applications: As part of the application process, Ferrellgas may provide some personal information to third parties. For example, we conduct background checks on applicants and must provide information to a third party as a part of that process. We also may contact former employers and references to seek information about an applicant. All such communications are subject to authorization by the applicant.
- Strategic alliances: From time to time, Ferrellgas may enter into strategic alliances to enhance and expand the scope of the services we are able to provide. Some of these strategic alliances may involve operating co-branded Web sites with a strategic partner. When you see Web sites co-branded with Ferrellgas (meaning it would have both the Ferrellgas logo and the logo or trademarks of another company), you should be aware that these sites' privacy and security policies might vary from ours. Please consult the privacy and security policy of the Web site you are visiting.
What if Ferrellgas sells some or all of its business or assets?
In the event of any stock sale, asset sale, merger, or other change in control of Ferrellgas’ business, if the acquiring entity continues to operate a similar business to that operated by Ferrellgas, the new operator will obtain the user information maintained by Ferrellgas, subject to our Privacy and Security Policy. In the event that the acquiring party will not operate a similar business, or in the event that Ferrellgas seeks to sell its user information to a business that is different in nature, Ferrellgas will notify its users by e-mail and give them an opportunity to opt out of any user information provided to the acquiring entity.
Is there any other way that user information might be disclosed?
Ferrellgas may disclose information in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, administrative or governmental order, or any other requirement of law, or when Ferrellgas, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect the safety of any person or the public. Other than as described in this Privacy and Security Policy, we will not share or disclose your information to anyone.
How we protect your information
Ferrellgas is committed to protecting the information we receive from you. Only those Employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access. Any Employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies may be subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Typos and omissions
While Ferrellgas tries very hard to ensure the accuracy of the information we provide, we are not responsible for typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or omissions.
Links to third-party sites
This Web site may contain links to third-party sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes and are not controlled by Ferrellgas, nor is the content monitored by Ferrellgas. Connection to any linked site is at your own risk. Note: Information for the Press Releases, E-mail Alerts, and SEC Filings pages within the Investor Relations section of the Web site is provided by Thomson Financial. Ferrellgas neither controls nor maintains this information, nor does Ferrellgas guarantee or warrant this information or have any liability in the event any information on these pages is incorrect, inaccurate, untimely, or incomplete.
Changes in policy
You acknowledge that this Privacy and Security Policy is part of the terms of service and you agree that using this site signifies your assent to Ferrellgas’ Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree with this Privacy and Security Policy, please do not use our site. Ferrellgas reserves the right to change the terms of service, including this Privacy and Security Policy, at any time. We will post any changes so that you are always aware of our Policy.
Please note: This Privacy and Security Policy covers our Web site (www.ferrellgas.com) as well as our activities on the co-branded Web sites (joint Web sites containing our logo along with another company's) where this Policy is posted. Please check the privacy and security policies of the Web site you are visiting since activities of Ferrellgas in connection with other co-branded Web sites may be subject to different privacy and security policies.