Fuel For Farm Equipment
Propane is the leading alternative fuel in the country, fueling more than 145,000 on-road vehicles. Many farmers and ranchers have also recognized the benefits of fueling trucks and other vehicles using propane. Here are a few reasons producers are getting on board with propane:
- Propane is nearly 50 percent less expensive than diesel and 40 percent less expensive than gasoline.
- Propane-fueled light-duty pickups offer producers a transportation option with increased efficiency and lower costs, with less maintenance costs over time. For example, with the ROUSH CleanTech Ford F-350, propane autogas is 30-40 percent lower compared to gasoline.
- Vehicles fueled by propane deliver horsepower, torque, and towing capacity similar to their gas-powered counterparts.
Good for the environment
- Light-duty pickup trucks powered by propane autogas emit 20 percent less nitrogen oxide, 60 percent less carbon monoxide, and 24 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline.
- Propane is also a beneficial fuel for forklifts for both light- and heavy-duty use, and it can be used both indoors and outdoors. What’s more is that propane-powered forklifts produce 12 percent fewer greenhouse gases.
Find these stats and more about how propane is the leading alternative fuel at Propane.com, RoushCleanTech.com, FarmIndustryNews.com, and EIA.gov.