Click on the following links to go directly to the corresponding sections of this Policy:
What Personal Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
Identifiers and Contact Information
When you set up your account, we collect information such as your name, address, phone number, or email address.
Ferrellgas offers a variety of payment options which may require us to collect information such as payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), and billing address.
Such as your contact and marketing preferences.
Profile and Account Information
Such as the username, password, and security questions used for accessing our online account management application, MyFerrellgas.
Communications and Interactions
Which may include email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone call that we exchange with you.
Which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you.
Including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone.
Devise and Browsing Information and Other Internet Activity Information
Including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, "automatically collected information"). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website or online account management application, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website and online account management application, the website pages and items you view using our website and online account management application. Automatically collected information is standard on the internet and utilized by most web sites whether you are aware of it or not. However, if you wish, most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about you in several ways.
- Directly from you when you create an account or interact with our customer service, such as:
- Contact information, which may include your name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number.
- Login credentials for our online account management application, such as username and password.
- Customer communications records, including records of calls and chats with our customer service representatives.
- Information that you provide when interacting with us on our social media pages including your username, profile pictures, and comments, as well as information you share publicly about us.
- Photographs or images of your property.
- Payment information, such as your credit/debit card or other financial account information.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your driver’s license, state identification cards, or other forms of identification.
- Legal documents, such as documentation of the authority to act on behalf of another person.
- When you use or interact with our website or online account management application, such as:
- Contact Us inquires and other forms on our web site. Individuals interested in contacting Ferrellgas for more information may provide business and/or personal information when submitting a form from our web site. Any information provided will not be shared or disseminated except as noted below.
- Job applicants interested in employment at Ferrellgas may be asked to provide personal information in the Careers section of our web site. Any information provided will not be shared or disseminated except as noted below, however, your email address and/or telephone number may be used by Ferrellgas Employees to contact you concerning your application.
- When you update or change your preference information such as your contact and marketing preferences.
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods including what you search and how long you use our website and applications. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our online account management application or website, or you choose to share it with us. Methods we use include:
- Cookies: Cookies are bits of electronic information placed over the internet onto your computer. A cookie assigns a unique tracking number to each computer accessing our site, which enables us to recognize and keep track of each user, so we can tailor information for you. However, we will not store personal information about you or your finances using cookies. Cookies are standard on the Internet and utilized by most Web sites whether you are aware of it or not. However, if you wish, most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed.
- Web beacons or tags which are small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, use our online account management application, or open an email we send you.
- Website and online account management application log files. To make our site as effective as possible, the computers that operate the site may collect certain information each time you visit the site and store these statistics in server logs. These statistics do not identify the specific user but will give us information regarding the type of user who is accessing the site and certain browsing activities of that user. Information collected in this way includes the IP address of the user accessing our site (i.e. the unique ID number of the user's computer), the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (system software) used to access our site, the website the user last visited before linking to our site, how long the user accessed our site in any given session, and the date and time of access. We may make extensive use of these non-personally identifiable aggregated data in order to understand how our site is being used and will share them with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to develop, promote, and expand our business.
- From third parties, such as
- Credit reporting agencies that provide credit scoring, fraud protection, and other services.
- Landlords and property owners that provide contact and other information.
- Government entities that offer public records.
- Social networks and other publicly available data.
- Online advertising companies who may share information about marketing and advertisements you have seen or clicked on.
How and When We Use Information, Including for Marketing & Advertising
We use the information we collect to provide our services and communicate with you. We also use it to improve our services, develop new products and services, give recommendations, deliver personalized marketing and advertising, investigate theft and other illegal activities, and to ensure a secure online environment.
We may combine information across our systems, platforms, and databases. This includes combining information we receive from third parties and information about your use of our services.
Examples of how we your information include,
- To Provide the Services
- Setting up your account
- Measure credit and payment risk
- Service delivery
- Billing and invoicing
- Authentication access to your account
- Maintenance and operations, include management of the network and devices supporting our services
- To Communicate with You
- Respond to your questions
- Personalize communications
- Send you service-related announcements
- To Understand Your Use of and Make Improvements to Our Services
- Understand the use of our existing services
- Identify and develop new products and services
- Create measurement and analytics reports for us and others
- To Provide Recommendations and Deliver Relevant Advertising
- Market our services
- Recommend products and services we think may be of interest to you
- Help third-party advertisers and programmers deliver more relevant advertising in our services
- To Investigate Theft or Other Illegal Activities and Ensure a Secure Online Environment
- Detect the unauthorized use, or abuse of services
- Protect our customers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of services
- Protect our right, our personnel, and our assets
- Comply with applicable law
- To protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, or the general public
When and With Whom We Share Information
We do not sell, and have never sold, information that identifies who you are to anyone. We share personal information with others when it’s needed to provide you with our service. We also share personal information with others:
- When you direct us to do so, including to authorize other contacts on your account
- When required by law to respond to legal process
- To protect our property or rights or the safely of our employees, our customers, or other individuals
For example, we share information with:
Account Owners and Other Authorized Users
We may share information about a customer’s account to the primary account owner following appropriate authentication. The Primary account owner may also allow others to see information on the account.
Third Parties and Service Providers
We may use various outside agencies (third parties or service providers) to help with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, helping us with advertising or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping with our internal research, verifying service quality or safety, and performing any of the other actions or activities allowed under this Policy.
Billing and Collection Providers
Such as payment processors and organizations that assist us in assessing your credit and payment status.
Including entities that analyze traffic to and on our websites and assist with identifying and communicating with potential and current customers.
Marketing, Advertising, and Sales
Entities that assist us in creating and executing advertising programs, including printing, mailing, and electronic communication services.
Information Technology Providers
Such as entities that assist in website design, hosting, and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operations.
Potential Purchasers of Our Business
If we enter into a potential or actual merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets then information about your account will, in most cases, be shared or transferred as part of this transaction. This includes information that identifies you.
For Legal and Safety Purposes
There are times when we may be required by law to disclose information about you to third parties. This may happen with or without your consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of a valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant.
How We Protect Your Information
We follow industry-standard practices to secure the information we collect to prevent the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of any personal information we collect and maintain. These security practices include technical, administrative, and physical safeguards, which may vary, depending on the type and sensitivity of the information.
Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our website or online account management application may provide links to other internet sites, content, or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties.
Typos and Omissions
While Ferrellgas tries very hard to ensure the accuracy of the information we provide, we are not responsible for typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or omissions.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
Our site is designed for business purposes only. We do not accept inquiries or job applications from persons under 18 years of age.
Special Information Regarding California Residents’ Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), enacted in 2018, creates new consumer rights relating to the access to, deletion of, and sharing of personal information that is collected by businesses like Ferrellgas. You may submit a request to exercise these rights by visiting our California Consumer Privacy Act page or by calling us at 855-929-1103. California law also entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties. Unless you request or consent to us doing so, Ferrellgas does not sell any personal information to third parties. If you questions about these practices, please contact us at ConsumerPrivacyRequest@Ferrellgas.com.